Five distinct processes:- Mixing,Calendering / Sheeting,Laminating,Curing and Finished Product Inspection & Packing
- Different compound applications require customised compound mixing.
- We regularly test a range of raw materials for their suitability to customer needs; customise our mixing procedure and recipe to achieve application requirements. From lab and production trials, we calculate the ideal proportion of raw materials and mixing time and steps.
- Our mixing lines ensure that the actual mixing process does not deviate from the recipe.
- Every batch to come out of the mixer is stamped with a batch number; and lab tested before being released for further processing.
CALENDERING / SHEETING
- The compound that we get from our mixing line is in thick slabs of a small width.
- To get it into the desired width, thickness, and to coat it onto fabric if necessary, we pass it through either a calender or an extruder.
- Our sheeting lines control and adjust temperatures, speed, and gauge to ensure that the finished sheet or rubberised fabric is uniformly thick and free from bare patches.
- During every setup, a human supervisor will also double check the width and thickness to make sure that there is no deviation.
- For fabric belts, we take individual rolls of rubberised fabric to a building table, and lay them one on top of the other, and apply slight pressure to create the carcass of the fabric belt.
- The top cover and bottom cover are also laid on to the fabric carcass in this machine.
- The building table is also the equipment which we use to assemble very thick rubber covers or rubber lining sheets from thinner sheets taken from the calender.
- After assembly, we bring the assembled sheet, conveyor belt, or moulded part to a press.
- We apply heat and pressure, and the raw rubber goes through a vulcanisation reaction to take its finished shape.
- Mouldtech Industries has specialised presses and moulds based on product, thickness, width, and shape for its different product lines including rubber sheets, profiled rubber lagging, flat conveyor belts, profiled conveyor belts, ceramic lagging and pads, sidewalls and cleats, and idler rings.
- On every line, curing time, temperature, and pressure are monitored and controlled to ensure the best possible surface finish and a defect free product.
INSPECTION & PACKING
- After we complete curing, we cut and trim the finished product to remove unwanted rubber spew; and test the finished product in our own fully facilitated laboratory.
- We are able to test for rubber strength and abrasion; full belt strength, fire resistant properties, heat resistant properties, as well as the dimensional integrity; depending on customer and product requirements.
- Wherever necessary, we make customised packing drums, cages, or boxes for the finished product on site, to ensure that your product is protected from damage during transportation; and is as easy as possible to unload.